Oh gosh, how fun!! Balloon combat!
Have speeder will race.
Aha, but dear reader, only in official racers. All scripts and vehicles are the same engines, while they may have individual colors and signature elements added. Other scripts and vehicles are not allowed in the official race. Go to Caledon Middlesea and find a speeder (L$500 to RFL charity) at the vendors on the flight deck if you would like to try your hand on the track… AND actually write to Wrath Constantine if you wish to enter by July 20.
Race day is Sunday, July 21.
Time Essential Airship Wreck Rally
We did another fun rally this year for RFL Second Life.
It works something like this:
May 12, Saturday, 9am SLT
The ‘Time Essential’ Airship Wreck Rally is a whimsical event for the greater good of RFL and the entertainment of all of You. All fees go to Team Caledon RFL. All builds and judging is by volunteers, please be patient with our volunteers.
Here is the ‘Time Essential’ nature of our daring contest.
1. racers go off in five minute increments (Judge will supply SLURL for next Goal)
2. racers arrive Goal (must stop at marked phantom glowing goal—above circle target prim)
3. each Goal Judge records arrival time (will be compared to target script clock)
4. each racer ‘WRECKS’ part of their airship (edit vehicle for single prims, unlink piece, and then toggle unlinked prim to PHYSICAL) ((warning! Edit blue highlight prims only, never the yellow highlight root prim, please see notecard hints!))
5. Unlinked vehicle prim falls to target prim below stopped vehicle, bounces, and is judged for closeness to bullseye (judge notes bonus)
6. racer zooms off to next Goal (Judge will supply SLURL for next Goal)
7. repeat to end of course (planned for 6-9 Goals)
8. vehicle times between judges are added
9. bonus for ‘wrecked parts’ is subtracted from total time
10. single bonus for most Creative WRECK (120 seconds!) at finale once all vehicles have arrived
Black Ribbons will be awarded for ‘posthumous gallantry in the air’ for Vehicles lost or sim-crossing limbo’d
Gold Badge and Trophy Airship for First Place
Silver Badge for Second Place and Trophy Gadget
Bronze Badge for Third Place and Trophy Gadget
starting point in the skies of Port Caledon…
go to the DME Gadgets Factory Aerocourt !
Our very daring pilots:
1st place: Wrath Constantine
2nd place: Prof Garth Goode