You all have until next Sunday to submit Caledon (but not Oxbridge University) images to Dean Questi for the annual photo contest.
1. Photographs must be taken within the Independent State of Caledon, but not in Caledon Oxbridge. Photographs need not be recent, but the places/builds they portray must still exist.
2. Photographs must be submitted to Marion Questi not later than 2400 hrs SLT, Sunday, March 18, 2012.
3. The overall theme of the contest is Steampunk. There will be three subject categories: Architecture, Machine and Portrait. One winner will be selected in each category. Photographs will be judged on Creativity, Composition, Artistic Merit and, in particular, the effective portrayal of the Steampunk theme.
4. Photographs must be full perm textures enclosed within a full perm notecard (one photograph per notecard, please) containing the name of the photographer and the region in which it was taken, as well as any other information the photographer believes is necessary for it’s full appreciation. Please specify the aspect ratio at which the photo should be displayed, and the contest category in which the photo should be entered. Photographs must be at least 512 pixels on the longer side.
5. Enter as many times as you like, but an individual photograph can be entered in only one category.
6. Finalists will be selected by a committee of the Oxbridge Deans. Category winners will be selected from the finalists by a distinguished Panel of Judges. Additionally, all finalists will be placed on display for some period of time during which members of the public may view them and select a People’s Choice Winner.
7. Prizes: Category winners L$2000 each; People’s Choice Winner L$2000. Winners will be announced in early April.
8. Decisions of the Judges are final.
9. By submitting an entry, the photographer grants to The Guvnah a non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to use, reproduce, display and distribute the photograph as he sees fit.
If you have questions about the contest, please contact Marion Questi.